- 22a label founder, flautist, saxophonist, producer and DJ, Ed Cawthorne – aka Tenderlonious – has built a reputation as one of the hardest working, most well-respected and influential figures in London’s burgeoning jazz and underground music scene.
- His 2018 album “The Shakedown” has received well over 4 million streams on Spotify alone.
- The live show transport’s you back to the 70’s Headhunters era, whilst adopting the spiritual concepts of John Coltrane and Yusef Lateef.
- Audiences can expect to be treated to high energy compositions, fusing flavours of afro beat, hip hop, and latin jazz.
- His label 22a has been credited with influencing a generation of young musicians and producers in London, while his band and studio productions have gained high praise and support from some of the key tastemakers, DJ’s and radio stations in the world, including Gilles Peterson, Lefto, Bradley Zero, Benji B, Jamz Supernova, Henry Wu, NTS, Jazz FM and more.
- His latest release ‘Hard Rain’ via the 22a label steers his jazz influences into new electronic territory. It was named by Bandcamp as one of their ‘Best Electronic Albums of 2019’.
- Stream it now: