ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Lavida Loca is a unique force in the UK rap scene. Armed with a potent blend of street rap, the 21-year-old newcomer twists true tales from life on the roads into compelling narratives. With just a few singles to her name, her passionate, raw storytelling has already caught the ear of the likes of DJ Target, Toddla T, Dotty and Kenny Allstar.
- Following ‘No ID‘ and ‘The King’s Back‘, Lavida Loca has just released her third, highly anticipated single ‘I Been’, produced by long time Giggs collaborator Bayoz Muzik.
- Born in Malawi and moving to London aged 10, Lavida Loca quickly got to know the UK capital’s grime scene, instantly taken by the burgeoning crop of female spitters like A.Dot before she was Dotty.
- Spun by Toddla T, praised by TRENCH and branded a 2020 one-to-watch by Dummy, the accolades are coming in thick and fast for Lavida Loca. She was recently approached by Fraser T. Smith (Dave, Stormzy, Adele) to work on an album.
- She has one clear goal in mind: to show people who’ve not come from her background the realities of her lifestyle, “the nitty gritty of what people go through every single day. People get killed out here but nobody’s getting arrested for it, because it happens in the hood. There’s realities that people are not aware of, and I’d love to be the person that shows them, in my music.”
- Upping her work rate at lightning pace, Lavida has been in the studio with producers with the most recognisable tags in the game, including Diztortion, GA, The FaNaTiX and Gotcha, while she doesn’t knock beats she discovers on YouTube: “They bang too!”
- With serious plans in the pipeline for 2020, Lavida Loca is just getting started.