You should never chase after something you really aren’t interested in. It’s easy to think you have to do something to get to where you want to be, but it’s really visible from the outside when you’re doing something that doesn’t make sense to you
- DJ, presenter and live host, Emerald is quickly becoming the name music lovers have become accustomed to hearing through their air waves, as well as seeing perform at London’s biggest venues and the UK’s favourite festivals.
- The Rinse FM’s Drive Time host will have you tuning in for a must-hear show of her own specialist selection, and the newest and best in UK & US popular & urban music. And when she’s not spinning tracks, she’s interviewing an impressive string of the music scene’s biggest names; from home-grown names such as Craig David, Wretch 32, Lethal Bizzle and Octavian, to international stars like The Internet, TY Dolla $ign, Popcaan and M.I.A.
- Described by Vice as “making afternoon radio unmissable,” Emerald’s monthly specialist show on Rinse is renowned for its eclectic mix of UK funky, garage, bass, two step, dancehall and even incorporating tribal house, Portuguese and Brazilian sounds. This expert blend of styles opens listeners up to a whole new realm of music, resulting in a very loyal following.
- Whether she’s playing the capital’s most legendary clubs and nights, such as Fabric, Ministry of Sound and Deviation, or livening up stages at Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Outlook or Horizon, her dynamic sound and bouncy energy always has the whole crowd moving throughout her entire set.
- After collaborating with pioneering rapper and record producer M.I.A. on the curation of Meltdown Festival, it comes as no surprise that M.I.A. has chosen Emerald as her DJ during her global summer tour this year. The duo is set to turn up the heat at stages in America, South Africa, Poland and Bestival.