- Emerald is a 26-year-old DJ and broadcaster
- With one of the most wide-ranging genre knowledge bases, and a sound rooted in the UK underground across UK Funky, Garage, Bass and House, Emerald’s dedication to breaking the newest talents across a wide spectrum of scenes positions her uniquely in UK music culture. Whether it’s through her presenting as host of the Drive time show on Rinse FM, or her experimental DJ sets drawing on tribal and percussive sounds with the choicest global selections, or her hosting work across events, club nights and festivals around the world, Emerald’s passion for the culture in its myriad forms has made her a recognised rising talent and creative force, breaking new artists to fans and brands alike. This passion formed Emerald’s radio show & party ‘Afters’, curated by Emerald seeking to capture those magical twilight moments, found after the party, back in the intimate confines of friends living rooms when your selector mates hop on the decks for impromptu back to backs.
- This past year has seen Emerald take further command of her musical direction in her own right in terms of DJing – performing at the likes of Annie Mac’s Lost & Found in Malta, Secret Garden Party and Snowbombing with upcoming shows including Afronation, Glastonbury, Outlook & Ibiza Rocks.
- Emerald’s career has been on an eye-catching trajectory since joining Rinse FM five years ago, co-presenting before moving up to her own daily Drivetime broadcast. This has recently led to her branching further into presenting and hosting: hand-picked to present and inform a 5-part documentary series called ‘Greatness’ for Kyra TV, it saw Emerald travelling around the world, meeting inspirational women doing extraordinary things. Also passionate about equal representation in working environments, she’s a regular speaker on panels and in talks for Women in Business amongst amongst initiatives such as Smirnoff’s ‘Equalising Music’ campaign throughout 2018 and 2019.
- Following her initial interviews with M.I.A, Emerald was again asked by the icon herself to help curate and open up for M.I.A’s Meltdown Festival at Southbank in 2017. The relationship quickly developed into Emerald being her permanent tour DJ & Hype woman throughout 2018, playing everywhere from London to Los Angeles & South Africa and curating the playlist for Burberry at this year’s London fashion week.
- Emerald’s reputation as one of London’s key rising tastemakers and broadcasters continues to grow. Pushing through the brightest of homegrown talent across multiple genres, always associated with credibility and a pure love of music in all its forms, her mix of curational ability, attitude and intelligence define her uniquely in a talented young London’s scene.