- Beginning his journey in the garage/grime scene and on TV as People Just Do Nothing’s fictional character Decoy, Danny Rankin has started making waves as a dancehall DJ.
- The People Just Do Nothing phenomenon began on YouTube before it gained a cult following and caught the attention of production company Roughcut. After being commissioned by the BBC for the first TV series in 2013, the group have gone on to win a BAFTA and tour the UK & Europe as the fictional garage group.
- From gracing UK festival stages such as Glastonbury, Bestival, Wireless and Lovebox, to tearing up Europe at Hideout, Ibiza Rocks and Amnesia, the six-man group have sold out their tours, including legendary venues Koko, Brixton O2 Academy and The Roundhouse. At the heart of this, Decoy stands as the garage crew’s resident dancehall DJ.
- Now taking his own route in the music scene, he is expressing a personal passion for the Jamaican sound system culture as Danny Rankin. His interest in bashment began when he first visited his family in Jamaica during his early teens. Being exposed to the music and culture firsthand, it was something that had him hooked instantly.
- He considers Supercat, Buju Banton, and Beenie Man amongst his earliest influences, while Vybz Kartel, Mavado, Popcaan and Alkaline take the reign as the new skool artists of choice. Mix this all up with current UK sounds, Afrobeat and carnival vibes, and you get an unmissable show by Danny Rankin.
- Since playing headlines shows in London and Birmingham, Danny Rankin is set to have an exciting year ahead, playing both alone and as part of Kurupt FM.